The Czech Centre for Phenogenomics (CCP) is a large research infrastructure that provides unique services for the biomedical and biotechnology research community in the fields of genome editing, phenotyping and animal model research. To expand our team we are currently looking for candidates for the position of the lab technician in CCP Metabolism unit. What will be your responsibilities?
- Running and assistance with all metabolic test for CCP Metabolism unit research projects (e.g. indirect calorimetry, telemetry and metabolic tolerance test)
- Preparation of rodents for metabolic tests (eg swapping drinking bottles, withdrawing food, interchanging cage mice, animal weighing)
- Assistance in development, testing, and implementation of new metabolic testing methods
- Standardized data management in our internal data platform
- Other tasks as instructed by the supervisor
Are you the right candidate? We are looking for a person
- with a bachelor degree in relevant life-sciences field
- rigorous, proactive, paying attention to details
- able to work with English-speaking colleagues
- willing and capable to work with lab animals (rodents)
The position includes daily direct handling of small laboratory rodents. Previous experience with manipulation and intraperitoneal injections in rodents as well as valid national certificate for handling of lab animals or FELASA certificate is an asset. However, the position is suitable for graduates. What are we offering?
- You will become part of an international team dedicated to the highest standards of pre-clinical and basic biological research that is involved in global scale research projects
- You will work with high-tech lab animal metabolism technology in the state-of-the-art research infrastructure
- We offer you training and professional development in the field of metabolism research
- We offer stable work position with a competitive salary and wide spectrum of benefits provided by the Institute of Molecular Genetics and the Academy of Sciences
The employer is the Institute of Molecular Genetics of the Czech Academy of Sciences. The workplace is the CCP building in BIOCEV campus in Vestec. The initial contract is for 12 month with expected extension upon demonstrated proficiency. The starting date is negotiable (from January 2022). Applications consisting of motivation letter and CV or questions related to the position should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.